Contact

Blogging

5 Things you missed on the web... again!

Posted by  Simina Ignat 

tumblr_njqahr4FfM1slhhf0o1_1280

Another month, another "top 5" on the Emerge blog! We've selected another round of worthy articles that you could learn something from, especially as entrepreneurs trying to grow their business through digital marketing. You won't be disappointed with these resourceful insights, so let's get to the most important 5 discussions on the web for the month of April. 

 

  • "Mobilegeddon" was one of the top trending words this month, as Google changed its algorithm in order to reward the sites that are mobile-friendly. In case you haven't joined the topic just yet, find out everything you need to know about the new website rankings from this HubSpot article. We even took it step by step and explained mobile optimization in this article, so go ahead and get all the information you need in order to stay on top of the rankings.

 

  • Did you hear the news about Google taking down Google+? Don't jump to conclusions, we're more than certain it's just an upgrade to the rather unsuccessful social network. Marketing Land explains the effects this change will have on marketing, so take a good look at this article and see how you can upgrade your strategy. 

 

  • Is Social Media Advertising now? Well, this Advertising Age article certainly aims to prove that the days of unpaid media are over, and that in order to succeed at promoting your business on social networks, you need to open up your wallet and spend more money on social media than you have in the past. 

 

  • A surprising statistic comes from the guys at Venture Beat, pointing out that 47% of brands do not use Twitter, or at least not for 9 days straight. Is this a good social media approach, considering the remaining 53 percent of brands are tweeting constantly? Read more about how much brands love Twitter in their article.

 

  • There is nothing businesses love more than a well spent budget. Would you be surprised if we told you that you can market your small business for less than 100$? Entrepreneur.com is making a big statement, but all the means stated in the article  are there to prove that it can all be done. Small hint: it does mention email marketing campaigns and smart social media investments. 

Before we are done with our round-up of the must-read 5 articles, its worth mentioning that you cannot miss VentureBeat's  free webinar on the Waterfall and Agile methodologies, on Wednesday, May 7th. We recently shared our approach to Agile Marketing ourselves. 

 

That's all from us for the month of April. Did you enjoy our listicle? What else do you think should be included here? Let us know in a comment below!

Free eBook Business Blogging

 

Posted by Simina Ignat

Social Media Addict, loves Tumblr, New York and watching Friends while eating pizza on Saturday afternoons. Cats & dogs person.

Join 1,000s of business owners who receive our marketing insights and advice!